Welcome to SVPEC Online
The Southwest Virginia Public Education Consortium (SVPEC) was created by the Virginia General Assembly in 1992 and serves a total of sixteen school divisions in Southwest Virginia. The SVPEC was created to address disparity between Northern Virginia and Southwestern Virginia.
The SVPEC provides assistance to the public school systems of Bland, Buchanan, Carroll, Dickenson, Grayson, Lee, Russell, Scott, Smyth, Tazewell, Washington, Wise, and Wythe Counties and the cities of Bristol, Galax, and Norton. The SVPEC serves to bring these organizations together for the betterment of the educational system in Southwest Virginia.
Below are the objectives that the SVPEC strives to achieve.
- Coordinate with those educational institutions and agencies in the Commonwealth and surrounding areas to develop joint educational initiatives.
- Promote and establish, in conjunction with the Department of education and the region's public school divisions, regional programs to address area educational needs.
- Coordinate the development and sharing of programs, educational techniques, and resources among and between the region's school divisions and institutions of higher education to enhance the educational opportunities for students and teachers in Southwest Virginia.
- Provide technical assistance to school divisions throughout the Commonwealth for the implementation of effective educational programs.
We hope that this interactive website will help us in achieving these objectives and educating our visitors on our mission to make Southwest Virginia's school systems second to none! Thank you for your support!
- 2013 Teacher Employment Fair
- Date: Mar 13, 2013 to Mar 13, 2013
- Time: 9 AM-Noon
- Location: SW VA Higher Education Center, Abingdon Virginia